Breast sizes are a source of mystery to biologists even today. It is very difficult to answer the question why some women have bigger breasts than others. There are a very large number of factors at play, but no one can pinpoint on one particular factor that causes enhancement of the bust size. In fact the enigma surrounding the breast size has made it all the more alluring and attractive to the male population of the world.
Factors Influencing Larger Breast Sizes
The following is an attempt to list some factors that influence breast sizes:-
Hereditary factors play a very obvious role in governing sizes of the breast. Girls usually take on their mother and other maternal relatives. Hence, big breasted women are more prone to give birth to big breasted daughters.
Breasts are very dynamic organs of the human body, which means, their sizes undergo continuous changes throughout the lifetime of the woman. Young girls who have just entered into puberty will have very small breasts, but these breasts will grow with advancing age. It is up to 20 years of age that the full breast development takes place. Young girls are made to wear trainer bras so that the breast shape settles well. As the woman grows older, there is more difference. In elderly women, the Cooper's ligaments lose their tenacity and breasts droop down. This makes the breasts sag. Sagging breasts will reduce their sizes.
Breasts change marginally during the menstrual cycle of the woman. In some women, this change is more marked than in others. The change in sizes of the breasts is accompanied by a change in the shape as well. The nipples and areolas change their shapes as well.
During pregnancy there are several changes in breast sizes, and most of these changes are permanent. Breasts become fuller and show an increase in the cup size. This effect is more pronounced during lactation. Generally, most of the pregnancy related changes in the breast sizes occur during the first pregnancy itself. But some women may show changes each time there is a pregnancy.
Some foods contain breast enhancing substances. Soy, ginseng, dandelion root, saw palmetto, fennel seeds are all agents that are known to enhance the bust. Hence women who have more of these in the diet will most probably have larger breasts. Indian women who consume a lot of such substances in their native spices have bigger busts than their western counterparts.
(vi) Weight loss and gain
Any changes in the overall weight of the body will quite definitely change the sizes of the breasts also. These changes are generally reversible, which means, the breasts will regain their original sizes once the weight is back to what it was before.
Some diseases affect the size of the breast. One of the most prominent of such diseases is breast cancer. Breast cancer will bring about changes in the breast sizes for as long as it lasts.
Besides the ones mentioned above, there are several other factors that influence breast size. Exercise is one of them. It works indirectly on the pectoral muscles underlying the breast tissues and help in toning the breasts. Several women are taking in to Yoga and Ayurvedic therapies to bring about slow but long-lasting improvements in their bust sizes.
Common Myths Relating to Breast Sizes
The mystery surrounding the factors that cause breast sizes compounds the attraction that heterosexual men have towards female breasts. This attraction is inexplicable, but it is one of the major driving forces for the sexual chemistry between a man and woman. Ignorance has led to several old wives' tales concerning breast sizes. People have been using several things like tiger's penises and monkey's blood to improve their breast sizes out of this ignorance. Here we try to enumerate and dispel such sorry myths that pertain to female breasts:-
- All men are not attracted to big breasted women. Surveys conducted among the male population have clearly shown that there is a sizable population of men that are actually put off by large breasts. Men prefer their women to have a proportionate body; and not an ungainly doll with a larger bust on a slim waist.
- Big breasts does not mean bigger libido.
- Big breasted women are no better in the sexual act than small breasted women.
- Breast surgeries can enhance breast sizes within the shortest time, but there are several side effects to consider. For a long time, breast implant surgeries were connected with breast cancers. Also wrongly implanted breasts may seriously damage the shape of your breasts.
- No two women in the world have identical breasts. Breasts are unique parts of the female anatomy.
- Most women have differently sized breasts and this is not a problem at all.
- Women with bigger breasts will have more complaints of back aches than women with smaller breasts.
- Whether big or small, all breasts are equally effective in breastfeeding.
So, the final word is that you must be positive about your breasts and always be cheerful. Remember that no part of your body is as appealing as a full-hearted smile on your face.
Today's Questions and Answers